Agreement to the Terms of Service
Copyright and Permissions
The material on this Site, such as text, photographs, images, graphics, logos, button icons, audio, video, and software, and the compilation of such material (“Content”), is the property of TFCCS or its suppliers and protected by copyright law in the U.S. and other countries. All rights reserved.
TFCCS grants you a license to view and download Content from the Site for your personal, noncommercial home use only. You may not sell, republish, redistribute, repost or reproduce in quantity any Content contained on this Site without the express written permission of TFCCS.
The Content of this Site may also be protected by database, privacy, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, and other applicable laws.
Please contact us to request permission to reuse Content from this Site.
The design of the CROSS & CROWN seal and other trademarks, logos and images used on the Site are property of TFCCS or its suppliers and may not be used in any manner without obtaining written permission. Please see the Cross and Crown Licensing page for information on how to request permission to use the Cross and Crown trademark.
Notice and procedure for making claims of copyright infringement
If you believe the Site is infringing your copyright, TFCCS will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(2) (“DMCA”). Pursuant to the DMCA, written notification of claimed copyright infringement may or should be submitted to the following Designated Agent for the Site:
Service provider(s): The First Church of Christ, Scientist
Name of Designated Agent to receive notification of claimed infringement: Edwin R. Blomquist, Jr.
Full address of Designated Agent to which notification should be sent: 210 Massachusetts Avenue, P03-10, Boston, MA 02115
Telephone number of Designated Agent: 617-450-2000
Email address of Designated Agent: email@example.com
To be effective, the notification must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you wish to provide TFCCS with any statements, questions, comments, bug reports, proposed modifications or other feedback concerning the Site (“Feedback”), please contact us. You hereby grant TFCCS a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license under all rights necessary to incorporate and use your Feedback at its discretion for any purpose, including, but not limited to, the incorporation of any suggested changes into the Site.
You further grant TFCCS a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, edit, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such Feedback, in whole or in part, in any media, now known or later developed, with or without name attribution. You also warrant that your Feedback does not violate the rights of any third party.
TFCCS may publish Feedback at its sole discretion. Please do not submit any Feedback that is commercial in nature, that violates copyrights or trademarks, or is obscene, defamatory, or derogatory of others.
International and interstate nature of communications on the Site
You acknowledge that in using the Site to send electronic communications, you will be causing communications to be sent through our and our service providers’ computer networks, portions of which may be located in various states in or outside the United States. As a result of the nature of electronic communications, even communications that seem to be intrastate in nature can result in the transmission of interstate communications regardless of where you are physically located at the time of transmission. Accordingly, by agreeing to these Terms, you acknowledge that use of the Site may result in interstate data transmissions.
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content, including applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
No illegal or harmful use
As a condition of your use of the Site, you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms.
- You may not impersonate another person or access another user’s account.
- You may not share passwords with any third party or encourage any other user to do so.
- You may not use the Site in any manner that, in our sole discretion, could damage, disable, overburden, or impair it or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site.
- You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, or any part of the Site, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site, or any part of them, through hacking, password mining, or any other means or interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on or through the Site.
- You may not upload any executable code, scripts or other data which alters the function, display or content of computer systems or data of TFCCS, its licensors or other users of the Site.
- You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Site.
- You agree neither to modify the Site in any manner or form, nor to use modified versions of the Site, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Site.
Any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of the Site may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity.
No framing or embedding
You may not frame or embed pages or specific Content found on the Site, except as expressly permitted or enabled by Site functionality. Framing and embedding can infringe TFCCS’s and/or its licensors’ copyrights and trademarks by creating derivatives of copyrighted Content or creating confusion as to the source of such Content. It can also impede TFCCS’s hosting and bandwidth resources. Our policies therefore do not permit framing or embedding, but generally do allow linking to the home page of the Site.
No automated access or bypass of exclusion headers
The Site may contain robot exclusion headers. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission or bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site.
No resale of Site Content
Except as expressly permitted in these Terms, you may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site or its Content.
Termination; Terms of Service violations
Third-party web sites; advertisers
The Site may include links or references to third-party websites or services solely as a convenience to users (“Reference Sites”). TFCCS does not endorse any such Reference Sites or the information, materials, products, or services contained on or accessible through Reference Sites. In addition, your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Site are solely between you and such advertiser. ACCESS AND USE OF REFERENCE SITES, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH REFERENCE SITES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Disclaimer of warranties
THE SITE, ITS OPERATION, AND ALL OF THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED BY TFCCS ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TFCCS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TFCCS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR THE CONDUCT OF USERS OF THE SITE OR INFORMATION EXCHANGED OR POSTED ON THE SITE, INCLUDING A CLAIM OF DEFAMATION. TFCCS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST CONTENT OR DATA.
You agree to indemnify, defend (at TFCCS’s request), and hold harmless TFCCS, its affiliated entities, directors, trustees, companies, contractors, employees, agents and its third-party suppliers, licensors, and partners, from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, including legal fees and expenses, arising out of your use or misuse of the Site, any breach or alleged breach by you of these Terms, any breach or alleged breach of the copyright, trademark, proprietary or other rights of third parties by you, or any breach of the representations, warranties, and covenants made by you under these Terms. TFCCS reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify TFCCS, and you agree to cooperate with TFCCS’s defense of such claims.
No personal liability
No director, officer, trustee, employee or agent of TFCCS shall be personally liable for the performance of or failure to perform any provision of these Terms.
All disclaimers, policies, terms, conditions, and disputes will be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, U.S.A., without regard to choice of law principles.
Certain software, trademarks, copyrights, content, and services found on this Site may be the property of by their respective owners:
- Unless otherwise indicated, all architectural renderings on the Site are created by CRJA-IBI Group and are used by permission.
- Divi theme by Elegant Themes
Effective date: July 6, 2016